Looking for an unforgettable adventure for young kids, rugged athletes or just for everyone else?
We've got one of the hottest ones from around the world. Aerial Adventure Hilton Head brings it to you on 6 amazing courses for a 2 hour thrill. These invigorating obstacle courses for all abilities, easy to hard, let you enjoy many of the 50 obstacles, many with lowcountry themes as you take your creative journey through the trees.
HHI is about outdoor fun so there are challenge activities celebrating the water and sailing, fishing, knee boarding, kayaking, and boating as well as the land include mud stomping, sliding, hoola hooping, frisbee tossing, and climbing.
Another theme is a "hats off" to the Military, serving as a tribute to the many military members in our extended community. These are obstacles typically found on a military course and represent some of our most challenging events including the Burma Bridge, Climbing Wall, Parris Island Crossing, The Tube Netting and the Commando Crawl.
The beauty of Hilton Head's natural environment of beaches, waterfront, and wildlife is saluted in challenge activities called Sea Shell Bridge, Gators in the Grass, Fish in the Sea, Osprey Nest, and Gator Zip.
Go at your own pace on our green (easy and kid-friendly), blue (intermediate and you'll be challenged) and black (tough and for the pumped) courses. You self-guide yourself, one follows the next, wearing harnesses and helmets. Don't forget the close-toed athletic shoes you must have to soar thru your course.
This is the perfect birthday party treat or bridal shower twist. And zip next door to our Up the Creek Pub & Grill to chow down and drink up after. Groups are welcomed and company outings too. Aerial Adventure is for ages 5 and up which makes it a perfect family event.
We're located with ZipLine Hilton Head and many other adventures that make Broad Creek Marina Adventures a one stop thrill shop.
The lowcountry ain't slowcountry anymore!
Aerial Adventure Hilton Head is now open year round along with adjacent ZipLine Hilton Head... Come fly with us today! Reservations are preferred.
- + Rules and Requirements
Before Flying Aerial Adventure Hilton Head you must:
- Everyone must sign the Participation Agreement at the check-in desk.
- Be at least 5 years old with sound body and mind capable of performing specific safety tasks independently.
- In order to participate, all climbers must be at least 42" tall. Suggested minimum height is 48". Any climber under 48" will struggle to complete many aspects of the course without an adult escort, and participants should reserve accordingly. Additional height requirements may be applicable for participation on advanced courses, which is at the facilitating rangers' discretion.
- Participation on the Intermediate 'Blue' Courses requires the climbers or their adult escorts to be able to reach at least 6'3" high to successfully traverse the courses.
- Participation on the Advanced 'Black Diamond' Courses requires the climbers or their adult escorts to be able to reach at least 6'2" high to successfully traverse the courses.
- The weight restriction is a maximum of 265 pounds.
- Must be able to use arms and legs to traverse active components of the courses.
- Must NOT be pregnant.
- Must NOT be under the influence of ANY drugs or alcohol.
- Wear well-fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Bathing suits, skirts and dresses are not permitted.
- Sneakers or hiking shoes are required. Flip-flops, water shoes and sandals are not appropriate and will not be allowed. *Tom's Shoes, Sperrys, Loafers, Crocs, Keens, Tevas, and clogs are not permitted. Shoes must have a rubber athletic sole and fitted heel. Slip ons are not permitted, nor are shoes with leather soles. Aerial Adventure Hilton Head reserves the right to make decisions about appropriate footwear at the time of the adventure.
- Read and understand all instructions.
- Get specific training in using all safety and permanently installed equipment on the ropes courses.
- Understand and accept the risks involved.
- Disclose ALL relevant medical information, including but not limited to recent surgeries, sprains, strains, pulls, broken bones, stitches, and any condition requiring medication - such as allergies, asthma, heart conditions, diabetes, etc.
- Understand that any signing guardian for any participant under the age of 18 is responsible for that participant throughout the duration of their adventure.
- Time slots and tickets are reserved only for the individual signing the participation agreement as a participant: tickets are non-transferable after the start time of the adventure, and any participants who come off the adventure course and have gotten out of the gear due to fear or exhaustion or discipline are not eligible to restart their adventure, nor transfer the remaining time to another member of their party.
- Use all equipment safely and as directed.
- Start with the course required by age: 13 and under MUST successfully complete a green course before starting a blue course. A blue course must be successfully completed before starting any black course.
- Never use an element when another person is on it - one person per activity at a time.
- Never have more than 2 people on a platform.
- Do not carry phones, cameras, or any other objects that may fall or distract you or others. This includes removing ALL items from your pockets as many course elements are built above one another.
- Do not use any course with loose hair, clothing, or objects that can get caught in ropes or course equipment.
- Do not smoke anywhere in the park.
- Carry out all objects that you bring into the park, including all trash.
- You must be at least 16 years old to use the "Double Black Diamond" course.
- When in doubt, ask a Ranger for assistance.
- Obey any and all instructions given by Rangers.
- During unusual weather conditions, you may be asked to evacuate the Park. (i.e. thunderstorms)
- Facilities' Staff reserves the right to remove from the Aerial Park anyone unable to perform all safety tasks independently or in breach of the safety rules.
- Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are kids allowed to climb by age?
Please see chart below that shows which courses each age group can climb:
What are the ticket prices?
Adventure rate for a 2 hour duration is $49.00 + tax.
Is a ticket required to watch my friends/family climb?
Tickets are only required for guests who are climbing. Feel free to walk around our adventure park and observe or take pictures! We have trails and benches scattered throughout the park for observers.
What is the time duration of the ticket?
Tickets are valid for two hours. You are encouraged to be prepared prior to buying your tickets (i.e. restrooms, snacks and dressed properly) so you can maximize your time in the park. Ticket sales end two hours before closing.
Are reservations required?
Reservations are recommended for participation as time slots are booked on a first come, first served basis. We cannot hold spots for any group or individual without accepting payment for that spot. No time spots may be guaranteed until payment is received. Groups need to make reservations in order to receive group pricing (Group pricing starts for groups of 8 or more). For more information, please call 843-682-6000.
How does your seasonal availability change?
Our seasonal availability is based on the expected demand from several years' experience. During the off-season, tour times and bookings may become unavailable due to weather or other operational needs. Please review the open days and tour times before booking your tour or adventure.
Can I book a tour or adventure for just one participant?
Yes. However, due to the nature of the activities offered at ZipLine Hilton Head and Aerial Adventure Hilton Head, we cannot schedule tours or adventures with only 1 participant flying or climbing. We apologize in advance if an open tour time is not available to book until more participants have scheduled for that time. Because of these limitations, it is possible (though rare) that a single participant may be asked to reschedule a reservation for a different time slot if a scheduling conflict arises for all other participants previously booked for that tour or adventure.
What clothing should I wear?
Wear well fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Long hair and jewelry should not be left loose. Dresses, skirts, and bathing suits are not permitted. Rubber-soled sneakers or hiking shoes are required, all shoes must have closed-toes and a fitted heel. Flip-flops, water shoes, clogs, slip ons, Toms, Crocs, Sperrys and sandals are not permitted, please see our rules and regulations for detailed information regarding footwear.
What equipment is provided?
A Harness, helmet and gloves are provided with your admission ticket.
Is there a height, age or weight restriction?
There is no height restriction for the adventure courses and zip lines. The adventure courses are for ages 5 to adult. However for our younger climbers, there are age restrictions as to which courses can be traversed. 5 year olds, for example may only climb on our two Green courses and must be escorted by an adult in a 1-1 ratio (1 adult per 1 child). The Green courses may be traversed by a child aged 7-9 but must be supervised by an adult who is remaining on the property. The blue courses have requirements of parent/adult supervision or participation depending on the age bracket and the course being used. For example, 7-9 year olds can use the blue courses accompanied by an adult (1 adult per 2 children). You must be 10 years of age to use the blue courses with just adult supervision from the ground. Age 10-13 must have adult accompaniment to traverse the Single Black Diamond course (1 adult per 2 children). Ages 14-15 must have adult supervision for the Single Black Diamond Course and must have an adult escort for the Double Black Diamond Course (1 adult per 2 children). Ages 16+ are free to traverse all our courses without an adult escort, but anyone under 18 must be signed for by a guardian who is responsible for the participant for the entire duration of the adventure. A chart with participation and supervision requirements is on the ropes courses general rules page. Whenever adult participation is required the appropriate adult/child ratio must be met. Regarding a weight restriction, the limit is 265 pounds.
Do I have to be really fit to do the course?
Most people that lead an active lifestyle and are in good health should not have any difficulty in completing many of the courses. You are able to proceed at a pace that is comfortable to you. You are also welcome to leave the ropes course and take a break. Depending on age and physical ability, even the green courses can be challenging for our younger participants, the blue courses may provide a significant challenge for some, and the black courses are very challenging.
How difficult are the ropes courses?
The courses range from easier (Green) to expert (Double Black Diamond). Relative to each person's ability, the courses are very manageable but become more physically challenging as you progress to more difficult courses. If you have not been up in the air before you may be unsettled at first about being 12 feet above the ground on a Green course, 24 feet above the ground on a Blue course, or 36 feet for each of our Black courses. Very quickly you will begin to have fun with the challenges and the height above the ground will not be your main focus. Your focus becomes being balanced and efficient on each bridge and activity you are crossing. You will be secure and safe in your harness while on the courses because you are Always Attached. Aerial Adventure Hilton Head Rangers are in charge and in control of your accessing each course and the main tower hub.
Can the aerial adventure courses operate in the rain?
Aerial Adventure Hilton Head is still fun while it is raining. However, the park will close for severe weather such as heavy rain, thunderstorms and high winds. If small storm systems are moving through the area we try to stay open and ask our guests to take a break while they pass. Call before you travel to confirm the operating schedule.
Is the Adventure Park certified?
Designed by Challenge Designs Incorporated, The Park is built to the standards of the ACCT (Association of Challenge Course Technology) specifications, among the most stringent ropes course safety standards in the world.
What food services are available?
There will be water coolers on the course for rehydration, as well as at check-in. Bottled water and Powerade are available for purchase at the Course Adventure Store. Full-service meals can be purchased at Up the Creek Pub and Grill located right next door. Please remember that no participants may be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol while on our property.
Are we allowed to bring our own food?
Because our adventure times operate on schedule we recommend having eaten before you arrive to participate on tour. Anyone with dietary restrictions or medical conditions requiring food should bring that with them. No glass bottles please.
What else is available on premises?
ZipLine Hilton Head is also on the site. During peak season we will also have a rock wall and a Euro Bungee. Up the Creek Pub and Grill is located right next door and has great water views and a full service menu.
Is there a fee for parking?
No, parking is free for all guests.
Are private or group lessons available?
All participants will be provided adequate training, so lessons are not required. If desired, arrangements can be made to hire a guide. If interested, please call ahead to make sure that one is available.
Are Aerial Adventure Hilton Head gift certificates available?
Yes, they can be purchased at the course check-in kiosk.
What are the driving directions?
Information on how to get to the park can be found on the contact page.
Can I reserve a tour for just one person?
Due to operational constraints on our courses, we require a minimum of 2 individuals booked per tour or adventure.
How can I contact you?
Information for contacting course offices can be found on the Contact Us page or by calling 843-682-6000.
The Adventure Park is Open Rain or Shine, so we recommend dressing for the weather! In the event of severe weather (such as thunder, lightning, or high winds) the courses may close.
Although we are unable to offer refunds, in the event of any course or park closures, your time may be extended, or vouchers will be made available for you to use towards future climbs that season!